Sunday, October 13, 2013

And then he Kissed her

Above is a picture of an acrylic on wood that I painted as a wedding gift to one of best friend's, commemorating her big day.  I sketched one of their engagement photos onto the wood plank and picked colors to match their wedding colors (purple and green).  I was quite pleased with the outcome.


Two weeks ago, yesterday, one of my dearest friends said "I Do" to her Prince Charming in one of the most beautiful, simple and flawless weddings I have ever been to.  It was one of the loveliest fall days in Grand Junction, CO, as we sat in the backyard-turned-venue of a house atop Redlands Mesa.  The groom's sister sang "At Last" while my friend, the bride, walked down a grassy aisle surrounded by only their closest friends and family.  It was the best kind of ceremony, a quick and to the point exchange of vows, rings, kiss, and BOMB... not a dry eye in the crowd.  


“He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.” - The Great Gatsby

After the ceremony, the wedding party took pictures while the guests mingled.  The guest book was a Bible to highlight and sign your favorite passage, and wedding favors were, seasonally perfect, packets of Hot Apple Cider.  

One of the most brilliant ideas for "Pre-Cake" treats. 





No comments:

Post a Comment